I have two Top 5 lists in my head, both of which have entirely different criteria. Can you spot them on your own?
- Turn A Gundam
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes
- Giant Robo
- Tekkaman Blade
- Eureka Seven
- Gundam X
- Honey & Clover
- Seirei no Moribito
The first list shows the kind of stories I love and aspire to write someday(!): intense character dynamics, sprawling worlds of wonder, epic battles on foot and machines, and heartrending rivalries. The second is a list of the most human anime for me. These are the shows that get me through the day and keep me from turning into a misanthropic shithead just by thinking about them. I know it’s a weird criteria, but this list is the main driver for me to watch more anime.
My MAL favorites would be a hybrid of these two lists, based on raw liking alone (#1 is #1 purely because I like it more than #2, and so on).
What do you think?
- Stripey starts the ball rolling [->]
- Author pimps and puts out his own [->]
- omo has some real fun [->]
- D-boy and his ORE NO RUURU [->]
- ghostlightning writes about guilt, with a lot of meaty comments [->]