If you happened to stumble upon this blog, then chances are you’ve come from the Aniblog Tourney. I’m Schneider, I’ve been blogging anime for more than three years, and I love giant robots! I hope you have a good time reading my blog, and if you like what you saw, feel free to throw a vote my way. I’d really love it if you take some time to comment about my blog in this post. Anything goes, really.
As I have quite a library of posts, I’ve gone through the trouble of collecting choice ones that I feel represent the blog as a whole.
These are just posts that I really like, and had a lot of fun writing them. By the most recent.
- Kirino, the Misery of Lonely Fans, and the Importance of Making Friends — in which I sympathize with the maligned titular character of a popular otaku show
- The Anime I’d Really Like To See: MIDDLE-SCHOOL GIRLS WHO ARE SECRETLY POP STARS — in which I think that an anime about ClariS would be the best thing ever
- My Oreimo Can’t Be This Thoughtful — in which I am pleasantly surprised with an anime with a misleading title (stop fooling us like this, light novel writers!)
- Manga Realities: Exploring the Art of Japanese Comics Today — in which I write about my visit to a manga museum exhibit creatively
- Asuma and His Father: A Father’s Day Post — in which I write about how an anime maturely handled a character’s parental estrangement
- A Manabi Farewell — in which I use an anime phrase for my coworker’s sendoff
- Hoshi no Samidare: Anything Will Do — in which I agonize about not being able to write a good post and ended up making one by accident
- The Getter Robo OVAs: A Primer — in which I write an accessible guide for anyone wanting to give Getter Robo a try
- Mai Robotto — in which I say “fuck it” to harems and go with a hangar instead
- Nono’s Ocean — in which I reflect on my favorite episode from Planetes
- First Love, Eureka Seven — in which I reflect on the first ever anime I watched through fansubs
- El Dora V: Love Letter To Old Anime Fans, Apology To Newer Ones — in which I liken the old-vs-new anime debate to an episode of Gun X Sword
- Gundam X: Hidden Wonder — in which I write passionately about Gundam X, an oft-overlooked Gundam show
- My Favorite Gundam (Mecha) — in which I list down my favorite Gundam mechs and my reasons for loving them
- Geass and Chess — in which I talk about Code Geass, how it treated chess (a game I love immensely), and my personal experiences
- How I Became A /m/an (And Beyond), Part 2 — in which I leave /m/, only to return to it stronger than ever
- Yelling, Courage and PEW PEW (Or: How I Became A /m/an) Part 1 — in which I become a /m/an and chronicle SaiGAR
- Office Workers Saving the Day: Dai-Guard — in which I review Dai-Guard, an atypical real robot show that’s super at heart
I had a lot of fun with SaiMecha last year, a small but passionate contest featuring mecha as opposed to moe girls. I’m listing these posts here to promote it and drum interest for this year. There are links on the sidebar, and there’s no better time to click them now since mecha nominations are now open! Not gonna link to my nominations, since they’re just down the home page.
- SaiMecha: Making A Case For Sinanju — in which I advocate voting the Sinanju over the VF-1 Valkyrie in the quarterfinals
- Harry Ord Should Win SaiMecha’s War of the Mecha Sunglasses — in which I make a case for Harry Ord, who has the best disguise and sunglasses ever
- SaiMecha: Before the End — in which I write a fanfic on the conclusion of the semifinals round
- THE ONLY SAIMECHA 2011 FINALS VOTING GUIDE YOU’LL EVER NEED — in which various mecha pilots try out the finalist mechs: the Zaku II and the Eva Unit-01
- The End of SaiMecha: You Can (Not) Win — in which I write the exciting conclusion to the competition