We Filipino bloggers had a karaoke session last Sunday. To atone for my previous failure(s), I really got to join this time!
- ghostlightning (host)
- and Yours Truly
This is my first blogger meet with everyone, having already seen ghostlightning and mechafetish last ToyCon. We sung quite a lot, despite the lack of a microphone. I actually favor that setup as it doesn’t make my terrible singing very noticeable.
The following lists are not comprehensive.
- Nico Nico Ryuseigun
- Marisa Stole the Precious Thing
Everyone had a good laugh out of “Why why why don’t I miss you a lot forever?” Conversely, everyone got creeped out by the Yaranaika song. Ryuseigun got cut in the middle because no one could keep up anymore. Yes, our Nico powers are not strong enough.
- Scramble (gurugu mawaru)
- It’s Gonna Rain
- Tori no Uta
- Dango Daikazoku
- true tears
- One of those Cardcaptor Sakura songs
- Lotsa NANA songs
- Dramatic (H&C)
- Euphoric Field (fry high)
- Aozora Loop (!!!)
- Vanilla Salt
- Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari
- Ren’ai Circulation (wwwww)
The Death Note song got played. You know, that song. I’m not sure if anyone kept up.
- Flying in the Sky
- Just Communication
- Men of Destiny
- Time For L-Gaim (HEAVY METAL!)
- Shine (that Moribito song)
- Tenshi no Kyuusoku
- Undine (<3)
- Shut Up And Explode
- Human Touch (from TV episode, had narrator voiceover)
- Daybreak’s Bell (not really my cup of tea, but gave it my all anyway)
- Shounen Heart (nobody could do the rap lol)
- Colors (jibun wo)
- The Real Folk Blues
- Makurosu (will you love me tomorrow?)
- Macross Flashback 2012 (basically, half of the entire thing)
- Every goddamn Frontier OP and ED except Do You Remember Love ver. Ranka and Aimo
- Nyan Nyan Medley (in BRD quality, and virtually a rewatch of the final Frontier episode)
We got most of the Gundam songs down pat, but it was a shame we didn’t have Anime Ja Nai. Screaming was the name of the game for the Engrish lines. mechafetish did some Gackt. Jen wished for 10 Years After but the request got lost among the clamor of more notable Gundam songs. ghostlightning and mechafetish attempted a Triangler duet. Sakura was played twice because it was just awesome.
The Unsung (next time, next time)
- Yakusoku wa Iranai
- Yuzurenai Negai
- Tenshi no Yubikiri
- Kimi ga Suki da to Sakebitai (srsly guys)
- Nanka Shiawase (OUR CHILDHOOD WHERE IS IT)
- Cha-La Head-Cha-La
- A Cruel Angel’s Thesis
- 1/2 (and every other Rurouni Kenshin song out there)
Personal wishlist for the next karaoke event:
- Sousei no Aquarion
- Rinbu Revolution
- Kanjite Knight
- Cross Fight
- Fukkatsu No Ideon
- Yuusha Raideen
- Anime Ja Nai
- More JAM Project
The really fun (and surreal thing) was how everyone stood up straight like a stick and put their right palm across their chests to sing Voltes V no Uta. No matter what kind of anime fan you are in the Philippines, you know the song by heart. An anthem, if you’d like.
All in all, I got home with a wide grin on my face, despite the shitty workweek I had had. We might not have decent cons, but an aniblogger community event like this (and on such a short notice tops) is as good as any.